Forums Index Association for the Development of Pakistan
Discussion Forums

ADP WebsiteADP Website   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

A Word Of Caution

View previous topic :: View next topic  
M. Sajjad Haider

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: A word of caution Reply with quote

Its been 4 days since i arrived in Lahore. I've ony spoken to a couple of people about the work NGO's are, and have been doing in the recent past. Unfortunately, the advice given to me has been to me more critical of the organizations we plan to fund. One of the people i talked to works in the US embassy in lahore and she has been involved with NGO's in the past. I trust her and would recommend we take her word seriously. There appear to be some 'fake' or non-committed NGO's working in this area and this has led me to be a bit more apprehensive of the projects we should chose in the future.

This is not to say that all of them or even a majority are not working properly but its just a word of caution. I will be meeting with more people involved with NGO's once i get the oppurtnuity and will give further details about what can be done to ensure that our funding gets to the right place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums Index -> General All times are (GMT -5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: