Forums Index Association for the Development of Pakistan
Discussion Forums

ADP WebsiteADP Website   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

Musical Evening With Muni Begum
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tarim Wasim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good Bilal. What is the capacity of the hall? Since MIT rooms are free and have a central location, have we already confirmed that they are not an option?

If we go with Tufts, looks like we're committing to $4k in expenses + marketing. Assuming an average ticket price of $25, we'd need 160 people to break even without sponsorships. I'm hoping sponsorships will cover $1-$2k of the expenses, but those will have to be lined up early so that they can be included in marketing materials.

We should make a decision soon so that we can get started.

-Tarim
Bilal Arif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarim,

The hall has the capacity to seat 600 people, 400 in the main hall and 200 on the balcony. MIT would have been the best venue but the only day available at MIT in September is a Friday and we would like to have this event on Saturday evening to accommodate the family folks.

Even though it will cost us 4K, I think we should be able to recover this amount plus more. If we charge $30 per ticket, we need 150 people to break even. I am waiting for Muni Begum to confirm the date, once that happens we will initiate marketing and advertising for the event. I will keep you all posted.

Bilal
Bilal Arif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy's,

Muni Begum is apparently visiting Pakistan and India for the summer and is not available to sign the contract with ADP for a concert. Without a signed contract, it is a big risk for ADP to start organizing this event. My contact to Muni Begum is trying to get this done asap but has not committed to a date.

If we don't get a signed copy of the contract by the end of next week, I suggest we postpone this event to a later date in the fall. As we all understand the work required to make this a successful event, 90 days is hardly enough time for it. As for the hall at Tufts, I will call to see if I can reserve it for a later date.

It is unfortunate as ADP desperately needs a fundraising event like this one. Let me know what you all think?
Justin Stone

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree. We can't go forward without a solid commitment. I don't understand the reluctance on their end. A fax of the agreement should be sufficient. Are you able to press them on this?

Are you at all concerned about her not following through once the contract is signed?

~Justin
Bilal Arif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin,

I don't think she is relectant to sign the contract. Its just difficult to track her as she seems to be travelling different cities in Pakistan and soon India.

Once we get a hold of her, I do not think signing the contract would be a concern. However without a contract, I would not move forward with this event.

I will let you all know if I hear anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums Index -> Events All times are (GMT -5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: