Forums Index Association for the Development of Pakistan
Discussion Forums
 ADP WebsiteADP Website   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in Email Addresses

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adnan Khalid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: email addresses Reply with quote

Most of you know that we can have email addresses and some of us have also used them to communicate on behalf of ADP. Using a email address not only gives a more professional impression but also markets ADP's name and automatically invites more traffic to our website. Colleges and universities do this all the time by encouraging their alumni to continue using their university email addresses.

Unfortunately, our web email client so far has been very uninviting as the those who have used it in the past very well know. I am pleased to announce the launch of a fantastic new web client to our email boxes. You have to try it to appreciate all its features. Some of the salient features that appealed to me the most are:
  • configurable and capable spam filter
  • easy to use address book
  • auto responders (when one goes on a vacation)
  • check other pop email adresses (your ATT, Comcast, RCN, gmail, etc) within the same client
  • access via a local email client such as Outlook instead of the web browser
  • both POP and IMAP support (IMAP is a mail protocol that provides management of received messages on a remote server. The user can review headers, create or delete folders and messages, and search contents remotely without having to download the mail. It includes more functions than the similar and popular POP mail protocol.)
  • search through mail
  • fast login feature (don't have to enter password each time just like the ADP forums and the ADP website)

And if you prefer you can alwasy have all its mail automatically forwarded to another email address. You can do this yourself, without having to bug me Smile

If you don't have one and would like to have get one (I highly recommend it) the just shoot me an email and I will create one for you.

For those who already have an ADP email account, your passwords have been reset and mail forward settings preserved. I will email you the temporary password separately which you should reset ASAP.

The website address for the web mail client is still

Bug reports and suggestions are always welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums Index -> Website & Forums All times are (GMT -5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: